The campus pastor is both a resource to students and a liaison to services outside the learning community. Coordinator, facilitator, listener, counselor — all these describe the ministry the campus pastor contributes to Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary.
Primary responsibilities include varied roles:
- Coordinating spiritual life resources, including chapel services, prayer times, spiritual retreats and spiritual direction.
- Providing pastoral care and counseling to students and family members of students. This includes referring students to resources in the larger community as needed.
- Keeping the community informed of prayer requests, and leading in regular community prayers in chapel.
- Scheduling presentations of the weekly Forum gatherings that give the community opportunities to eat together and discuss a broad array of issues.
- Facilitating community by empowering students to plan meals, special breaks, concerts, and other activities that foster relationships and renewal.
Janeen Bertsche Johnson, M.Div., is Campus Pastor for AMBS. Read her profile for more information.