Mennonite Church Eastern Canada (MCEC) Scholarship
This scholarship is available for students from MCEC congregations that currently serve, or have a desire to serve, Mennonite Church Canada. Each year, AMBS will select up to two award recipients who will each receive a scholarship of $2,500 per academic year. The deadline for applying is April 1.
Criteria and Understandings for MCEC Scholarships Recipients
- Have been a member of a MCEC congregation for at least one year.
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with an overall minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Submit a three- to five- page essay on the topic of “Why I want to serve Mennonite Church Canada.”
- Recipients will be enrolled as full-time students (full-time is defined as nine credit hours or more per semester plus one short-term course during Interterm or the summer).
- Students in the MDiv program are eligible to receive the award for three (3) years. Students in an MA program are eligible to receive the award for two (2) years. Note: To finish a degree in the allotted timeframe a student must complete 27-30 credit hours per year, which generally consists of 12 hours per semester plus a course during Interterm and another course in the summer.