Special scholarships may be awarded each year to students who met eligibility requirements for and applied to receive either a Church Leadership Award or a Next Generation Scholarship but were not selected by the scholarship committee as a recipient of either. This award provides a grant of 60% of tuition to a beginning student in a master’s program. The recipient may receive this grant for two or three years by meeting certain conditions.
Criteria for Special Scholarships
Recipient will have met eligibility requirements for and applied to receive either a Church Leadership Award or Next Generation Scholarship but were not selected by the scholarship committee as recipients of either award.
Understandings for Special Scholarship Recipients
- Recipients will be enrolled as full-time students (full-time is defined as nine credit hours or more per semester plus one short-term course during Interterm or the summer).
- Students in the MDiv program are eligible to receive the award for three (3) years. Students in an MA program are eligible to receive the award for two (2) years. Note: To finish a degree in the allotted timeframe a student must complete 27-30 credit hours per year, which generally consists of 12 hours per semester plus a course during Interterm and another course in the summer.
- Eligibility from year to year will be based on satisfactory progress toward the completion of the degree, including:
- Maintaining a 3.0 GPA
- Continuing as a full-time student
- Supporting and adhering to AMBS community life standards
- Active participation in campus activities
- Recipients will be eligible to apply for other AMBS scholarships. Priority for other scholarships will generally be provided to students receiving 50% or less in tuition assistance. Churches can also provide assistance, but they will not be eligible to receive church matching grants.