AMBS Ministry and Service Recognition
Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary is a learning community that educates leaders for God’s reconciling mission in the world. With the Alumni Ministry and Service Recognition we celebrate and learn from graduates whose ministry is a continuation of the ministry of Jesus and is part of the God’s work in the world.
We recognize people currently in ministry as well as those whose lifetime reflects faithful service to God. Nominees must be AMBS, GBS or MBS degree program graduates (Bachelors or Masters degree). Please consider nominating recent graduates with 10 or more years of service as well as graduates who have given a lifetime to ministry.
Nominations will be reviewed by the Alumni Association Executive Committee based on faithfulness and excellence in ministry, including these factors which reflect AMBS core values:
- Effective and visionary leadership for the church, community and world
- Mission that integrates evangelism, peacemaking and justice
- Commitment to bringing Anabaptist theology in conversation with the wider church
- Efforts in ecological sustainability and care for God’s creation
- Dedication to justice, resisting oppression and reconciliation across social divisions
In 2013, two graduates will be selected for the honor, so the recognition can go to younger and older graduates, men and women, and people from different ethnic groups and settings. Those who are selected will be invited to come to AMBS in Elkhart to share with students what inspires and sustains them in their ministry.