Ways to give
The best gift is one that matches your charitable goals with your stewardship and financial goals.
Talk with the seminary staff and your financial adviser to determine your best giving options.
Please note: AMBS is listed in Schedule VIII of the Canadian Income Tax regulations and we will send you a receipt that will document your gift for a tax deduction.
Below are some of the choices available to you.
- Cash Gifts (including gifts made by check or credit card) provide income tax deductions in the year of the gift, with possible carry-over deductions for up to five more years.
- Send a check/cheque in US or Canadian dollars to 3003 Benham Avenue, Elkhart, Indiana 46517, USA.
- Credit Card Gifts: You can make a credit card gift in one of two ways:
- For US or Canadian dollars, use our secure online giving area to make a one-time gift or to join Fidelity Circle to make automatic recurring gifts.
- Call the AMBS receptionist to give credit card information by telephone: 800.964.2627. (International credit cards will be charged in US dollars using this method. Fees may apply.)
- Designate a bequest to AMBS in your will.
- Give marketable securities to receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value without capital gains taxes (certain limitations apply).
- Give real estate including land, buildings or other property. You can make an outright gift, bypassing capital gains and estate taxes, or you can retain a life interest in the property while still obtaining a charitable income tax deduction and estate tax savings.
- Give a life insurance policy no longer needed by you or your family as an irrevocable gift. Annual premiums can be treated as charitable contributions.
Designating your gift
AMBS Fund: “Where needed most” can mean a lot of things, but for AMBS, “where needed most” means supporting the financial, spiritual, and environmental sustainability of the seminary. We rely on our AMBS Fund to provide appropriate learning facilities, meaningful worship opportunities, and creation-friendly practices. AMBS Fund gifts are a yearly investment in educating students from making sure they have access to the library to chapel services and composting.
Student scholarships and financial aid: Because we try to keep tuition costs low for students who are preparing for ministry, your gifts to the Student Aid Fund or Scholarship Endowment Fund have a big impact. You can make it possible for someone to study at AMBS who otherwise would consider it impossible. Your gift can be designated for Student Aid, or you can work with our staff to set up an endowed scholarship in someone's honor. If you want to give to an existing named scholarship, just designate the name with your gift.