Ways to give
The best gift is one that matches your charitable goals with your stewardship and financial goals. Talk with the seminary staff and your financial adviser to determine your best giving options.
Below are some of the choices available to you.
Cash gifts (including gifts made by check or credit card) provide income tax deductions in the year of the gift, with possible carry-over deductions for up to five more years.
- Canadians: You may send a donation by cheque directly to AMBS (3003 Benham Avenue, Elkhart, Indiana 46517, USA). AMBS is listed in Schedule VIII of the Canadian Income Tax regulations and we will send you a receipt that will document your gift for a tax deduction.
Credit card gifts: You can make a credit card gift in one of three ways:
- Use our secure Give online page if you are making a gift in U.S. or Canadian dollars.
- Use the Mennonite Church USA giving website to make a gift using international currency.
- Call the AMBS receptionist to give credit card information by telephone: 800.964.2627.
- Join the Fidelity Circle, arranging for a routine (monthly or quarterly) credit card gift to AMBS. Call the development office, 574.296.6247, to set this up.
Designate a bequest to AMBS in your will.
Give marketable securities to receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value without capital gains taxes (certain limitations apply).
Give real estate including land, buildings or other property. You can make an outright gift, bypassing capital gains and estate taxes, or you can retain a life interest in the property while still obtaining a charitable income tax deduction and estate tax savings.
Give a life insurance policy no longer needed by you or your family as an irrevocable gift. Annual premiums can be treated as charitable contributions.
Designating your gift
Annual Fund: Meeting the day-to-day needs of the seminary may not sound exciting, but it is essential. Whether we are installing light bulbs or computer network updates, AMBS is committed to providing the best environment possible for students, faculty and staff. Annual Fund gifts are a yearly investment in educating students.
Student scholarships and financial aid: Because we try to keep tuition costs low for students who are preparing for ministry, your gifts to the Student Aid Fund or Scholarship Endowment Fund have a big impact. You can make it possible for someone to study at AMBS who otherwise would consider it impossible. Your gift can be designated for Student Aid, or you can work with our staff to set up an endowed scholarship in someone's honor.
Anabaptist Leaders Scholarship: The Anabaptist Leaders Scholarship Fund helps students from Mennonite and other denominations who have a keen interest in Anabaptist leadership in a variety of settings. Donors can establish named scholarships within this category or contribute directly to the endowment.
We are ready to talk with you
The AMBS development staff can discuss with you the ways in which you might contribute to the ongoing mission of the seminary.