Admissions Counselor and Student Services Coordinator

FTE: Full time
Supervisor: Director of Enrollment Management & Financial Aid
Download this job description (PDF)

Hiring Policy

Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary does not discriminate against employees or candidates for employment on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability or any legally protected status. Commitment to AMBS's mission and support of its Anabaptist and ecumenical vision are important.

Summary/Objective

  • Recruit prospective students, establish and maintain relationships with key influencers, and oversee student services programs and activities.
  • Approximately 80 percent of this of this full-time position is admission related, and the remaining 20 percent is devoted to student services.

Qualifications

  • Bachelor's degree required, graduate degree preferred, especially one in theology.
  • Effective and engaging communication skills – interpersonal, written, and spoken.
  • Experience in recruitment, sales or fundraising highly desired.
  • Knowledge of MC USA and MC Canada conferences, personnel, etc. a plus.
  • Ability to work efficiently and accurately, with attention to details.
  • Strong organizational skills.
  • Strong intercultural competence desired.
  • Ability to establish rapport with prospective students, and maintain confidentiality.
  • Knowledge of MS Office required; Populi or a related education database is a plus.
  • Ability to initiate appropriate work, and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
  • Ability to work both independently and as a team.
  • Commitment to Jesus Christ, affinity with Anabaptist values and beliefs, and supportive of the mission of AMBS

Job Tasks/Responsibilities

  • Assess the market for prospective students, recruit and maintain contact with prospective students, influencers, alumni and church leaders, and implement and evaluate recruitment and retention strategies.
  • Ability to travel extensively. Up to 50% of time spent off campus meeting with and cultivating prospective students.
  • Travel to colleges/universities, church conferences, congregations and other events to promote AMBS, and to identify and meet prospective students.
  • Host individuals and groups, provide campus tours, and coordinate details of various recruitment events such as Preview Day, Vocation Banquets, and other recruitment activities.
  • Establish and coordinate activities directed toward international students, and their specific needs.
  • Maintain Populi Enrollment database, input and update data, and create and maintain prospective student follow-up activity and complete Populi action steps that assist in moving inquires to applications, and applicants to enrollees.
  • Develop and design emails, letters, surveys and other material to be sent to both current and prospective students.
  • Follow-up with prospective student referrals and inquiries in a timely manner.
  • Provide counsel to prospective students on appropriate programs of study, financial aid and scholarship options, and logistical information about enrollment processes and procedures.
  • Assist in the development of enrollment policies and procedures.
  • Effectively communicate with various departments such as the Registrar, Dean’s Office and Housing that perform significant functions during various stages of the enrollment process.
  • Help orient new students to their programs, and assist with various campus life activities and programs.
  • Participate in the life of the AMBS community by attending chapels, forums, and student life events when possible.
  • Participate on the following committees, and take minutes when the Enrollment and Financial Aid Specialist is not available: (a) Admissions Team, (b) Admissions Committee, (c) Housing Committee, and (d) Orientation Committee.
  • Assist in other recruitment and enrollment projects, tasks and activities as required

Condition of Employment

  • Institutional reviews will be conducted every third year of employment with a view to reappointment. The job description may be reviewed and/or revised as deemed appropriate.

To apply

Please submit a letter of application with resume to:
Daniel Grimes, Director of Enrollment and Financial Aid; Title lX Coordinator
[email protected] or 3003 Benham Avenue, Elkhart, Indiana, 46517.