Administrative Assistant for !Explore
FTE: 0.25 FTE
Supervisors: Director, Center for Faith Formation and Culture
Application review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
► Download this job description (PDF)
The administrative assistant position for !Explore is a .25 FTE position. !Explore is a program in AMBS’s Center for Faith Formation and Culture that fosters leadership, faith, and vocational discernment with high school youth. The administrative assistant will assist the !Explore director by performing duties such as preparing routine correspondence and reports, maintaining records, scheduling appointments, assisting with program evaluation and planning, and providing leadership to !Explore participants when they are at AMBS. He or she will handle information of a confidential nature.
Hours for this position will be flexible. Average weekly hours will be equivalent to ten hours per week, with some weeks requiring more than ten hours and others fewer.
- Communicate using e-mail, telephone, letters and social media as appropriate.
- Open, distribute, and follow up on incoming e-mail and mail.
- Oversee occasional mass mailings. Arrange for volunteer assistance if needed.
- Answer inquiries regarding !Explore.
- Frequently communicate on supervisors’ behalf with other persons at AMBS and other institutions, including contact with pastors and other church leaders of potential participants.
- Set up and maintains files. Archive files as needed.
- Make logistical preparations for !Explore, including travel and lodging reservations, off-campus visits, and guest presenters.
- Accompany the group in some on-campus activities and some off-campus visits.
- Enter and maintain data regarding potential participants and their congregations.
- Record, type, and distribute minutes for staff meetings as needed.
- Record expenditures and file receipts. Make payments through AMBS Business Office.
- Record income and deposit with AMBS Business office
- Attend AMBS support staff meetings.
- Assist with coordinating promotional materials, photography and video production, collaborating with the Director of Marketing and Communications at AMBS and with external specialists.
- Perform other administrative duties for !Explore director as requested.
- Assist director with regular program evaluation and periodic program redesign.
- An undergraduate degree
- Ability to organize efficiently and work accurately with detail
- Ability to see what needs to be done and take appropriate initiative
- A personal interest in and comfort with high school students and those who work with high school students
- Commitment to the Anabaptist/Mennonite faith and to the mission of AMBS, evidenced by active participation in a Mennonite-related congregation
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Strong intercultural competency desired
- Knowledge of MC USA and MC Canada structures, conferences, personnel, etc.
- Familiarity with youth ministry landscape a bonus
- Competency using word processing software, developing and maintaining online registrations, using data management software, and using office equipment such as photocopiers, printers, and scanners.
This person will have direct supervision by and accountability to the director of the Center for Faith Formation and Culture, and through her/him to the academic dean.
Depending upon the candidate, we are open to combining this position with another position, the Enrollment and Financial Aid Specialist. The Enrollment & Financial Aid position entails the recruitment of prospective students, overseeing of various aspects of the admissions and enrollment process, and administration of financial aid. For additional information about the Enrollment & Financial Aid position, please visit www.ambs.edu/about/job-enrollment-financial-aid-specialist
Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary does not discriminate against employees or candidates for employment on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability or any legally protected status. Commitment to AMBS's mission and support of its Anabaptist and ecumenical vision are important.
Send letter of application and resume (electronic communication preferred) to:
Andy Brubacher Kaethler, Director, Center for Faith Formation and Culture
Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary
3003 Benham Avenue
Elkhart, IN 46517