Enrollment & Financial Aid Specialist
FTE: 0.5 FTE
Supervisor: Vice President for Advancement
Application review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
► Download this job description (PDF)
Assist in the recruitment of prospective students, and oversee various aspects of the admissions and enrollment process, and administration of financial aid. Provide periodic system support for the Advancement Department.
- Recruit and maintain contact with prospective students, influencers, alumni and church leaders, and implement and evaluate recruitment and retention strategies.
- Maintain Populi database, input and update data, and create and maintain prospective student follow-up activity and complete Populi action steps that assist in moving inquires to applications, and applicants to enrollees.
- Maintains accurate financial aid calculation spreadsheets and databases, creates financial aid files for all students, and updates, records and tracks financial aid activity in the Populi database system.
- Coordinate various aspects of the Student Ambassador program.
- Develop and design emails, letters, surveys and other material to be sent to prospective students.
- Follow-up with prospective student referrals and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Coordinate prospective student visits, and administrative details of recruitment related events.
- Provide counsel to prospective students on appropriate programs of study, financial aid and scholarship options, and logistical information about enrollment and financial aid processes and procedures.
- Oversee the application process, including processing applications, generating statistical reports, and maintaining and updating various admission forms.
- Help coordinate work activity for Admissions Student Assistant.
- Periodically provides system support for Advancement accessing the SalesForce database, and also as needed provides other administrative support for Advancement.
- Help orient new students, and assist with various campus life activities and programs.
- Participate in the Admissions Committee, and assume responsibility for taking notes.
- Other administrative tasks and activities as needed.
- Effective and engaging communication skills – interpersonal, written, spoken and via social media.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Ability to organized efficiently and work accurately with detail.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Ability to establish rapport with prospective students, and maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of MS Office required; Populi, SalesForce or related educational databases is a plus.
- Ability to initiate appropriate work, and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team.
- Commitment to Jesus Christ, and supportive of the mission of AMBS.
- Strong intercultural competency desired.
- Knowledge of MC USA and MC Canada structures, conferences, personnel, etc. is a plus.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people.
Depending upon the candidate, we are open to combining this position with our posted Administrative Assistant for !Explore position. !Explore is a theological program for high school youth that joins peers in an intense 16-day experience on campus, along with congregational mentoring relationship (100-hour internship). For additional information, please see the job description posted at www.ambs.edu/about/job-administrative-assistant-for-explore
Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary does not discriminate against employees or candidates for employment on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability or any legally protected status. Commitment to AMBS's mission and support of its Anabaptist and ecumenical vision are important.
Send letter of application and resume (electronic communication preferred) to:
Daniel B. Grimes, Vice President for Advancement
Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary
3003 Benham Avenue
Elkhart, IN 46517