Graphic Designer and Marketing Specialist
Department: Marketing and Communications
Supervisor: Director of Marketing and Communications
FTE: .5 FTE
Anticipated start date: Application review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
► Download this job description (PDF)
Serve as a member of the marketing and communications department, contributing to the concept, development, and production of AMBS communication projects. Design print and digital assets, develop and implement marketing plans. Collaborate with all AMBS departments and programs with a special emphasis on the lifelong learning programs of the AMBS Church Leadership Center. Work on campus in Elkhart, Indiana with options for working remotely. .5 FTE
Responsibilities and duties
Marketing and Communications
- Manage the design and printing of AMBS print and digital materials in keeping with the AMBS graphic standards.
- Assist with social media planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Assist with the development of multimedia projects including website and video.
- Maintain the AMBS photo library, identify photography needs, and coordinate photography sessions.
- Create and maintain forms, maps, directories, and other campus assets.
- Assist with additional marketing and communication tasks and assignments as needed
Church Leadership Center
- Work with the Church Leadership Center team to coordinate and promote CLC offerings.
- Ensure that all Church Leadership Center offerings are marketed and communicated, externally and internally, as needed.
- Assist the Dean of Lifelong Learning as needed.
- Attend meetings which include: All Employee meetings (several times per year), All Staff meetings (four per year), Mar/Comm Team meetings (weekly), and AMBS departmental and programming meetings as needed, particularly for the Church Leadership Center.
- Participate in at least two monthly, paid AMBS community-building offerings such as community breaks or chapel services.
- Complete ongoing employee trainings including those offered for intercultural competency, Title IX and sexual harassment prevention, and basic office competencies
Qualifications and skills
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite programs, particularly Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator with at least three years experience preferred.
- Competence in MailChimp or other email service provider.
- Competence in Google Suite applications, particularly Gmail and Drive.
- Competence in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Competence in maintaining photo and digital assets.
- Competence in basic website maintenance.
- Experience with and willingness to contribute to social media sites.
- Initiative in independent continuing education for design trends, design cloud-based applications and software, and digital and social media, as well as willingness to participate in requested and paid skill acquisition endeavors.
- Flexible and reliable working habits.
- Creative concepting and problem solving.
- Strong and healthy communication skills – interpersonal, written, and spoken.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage varied, multiple tasks and to work with a variety of people.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Familiarity with Mennonite Church USA and Mennonite Church Canada a plus.
- Ability to appropriately navigate cultural differences and other diversity.
- Commitment to undoing racism and/or similar initiatives required.
- Awareness of and attentiveness to issues of diversity and representation in the design process a strong plus
Commitment to Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary’s mission and support of its Anabaptist and ecumenical vision are essential. AMBS does not discriminate against employees or candidates for employment on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
To apply Please submit resume, cover letter, graphic design examples, and references to Melissa Troyer, Director of Marketing and Communications, at [email protected].
Women and other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.