FTE: As needed for AMBS catered events
Reports to: Caterer-in-Residence
► Download this job description (PDF)
Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary does not discriminate against employees or candidates for employment on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability or any legally protected status. Commitment to AMBS's mission and support of its Anabaptist and ecumenical vision are important.
AMBS is committed to anti-racism as one of the ways we practice God’s reconciling mission in the world. Candidates for employment will have a strong motivation to join our efforts to work for racial equity and make AMBS an increasingly diverse learning community.
- Prepare and serve food under the direction of the Caterer-in Residence
- Ability to follow written recipe
- Prepare, serve and store food in accordance with food safety practices
- Maintain awareness of adjusting for food allergies and special dietary needs
- Clean equipment, cookware, tableware, glassware and silverware in accordance with food safety practices
- Maintain clean work environment
- Operate kitchen equipment such as steamer, oven, steam kettle, dicer and mixer following standard safety procedures
- Assist with laundry as needed
- Maintain clean personal appearance, including hair containment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand on feet for endurance of assignment, stooping, crouching and kneeling when necessary.
- Variable working hours, including some weekends and evenings
Please submit a cover letter, resume and references to:
Ron Ringenberg, Chief Financial Officer
[email protected] or 3003 Benham Avenue, Elkhart, IN 46517.