Program Administrator — “Thriving in Ministry” Grant
Supervisor: Jewel Gingerich Longenecker, Dean of Lifelong Learning
Application review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
► Download this job description (PDF)
Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary does not discriminate against employees or candidates for employment on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability or any legally protected status. Commitment to AMBS's mission and support of its Anabaptist and ecumenical vision are important.
Assist Dean of Lifelong Learning in the oversight and administration of educational programs funded by a multi-year grant from the Lilly Endowment.
- Implements planning and ensures smooth functioning of the following Church Leadership Center programs: Journey, Transition to Ministry, Leadership Integrity Circles
- Monitors curriculum and student progress, make contacts with and supports resource people, oversee MOUs, completes financial reports
- Problem-solves as needed in response to questions about program activities from participants, prospective participants, mentors, proctors, professors, resource people.
- Oversee process of regularly gathering, compiling and analyzing assessment data
- Writes program reports
- Handles information of a confidential nature
- Attends weekly Church Leadership Center team meetings
- Attends bi-monthly AMBS staff meetings; takes occasional responsibilities for staff body (e.g. minutes, social committee)
- Other administrative assignments as needed and negotiated
- Master’s degree from an accredited seminary
- Commitment to the AMBS Church Leadership Center's mission of offering spiritual and theological reflection on leadership, along with guidance in wise practice of leadership skills, to active and emerging leaders from any discipline
- Passion for joining an Anabaptist learning community
- Strong and healthy communication skills – interpersonal, written, and spoken
- Strong computer skills and eagerness to learn new programs
- Ability to organize efficiently and work carefully with detail
- Ability to initiate appropriate work
- Availability to work on campusKnowledge of Mennonite Church USA and Mennonite Canada structures, conferences, personnel, etc. a plus
- The Church Leadership Center Program Assistant will have direct supervision by and accountability to the Dean of Lifelong Learning and will work cooperatively with other Church Leadership Center staff and volunteers.
Please submit a letter of application with resume to:
Jewel Gingerich Longenecker
[email protected] or 3003 Benham Avenue, Elkhart, Indiana, 46517.