Program Assistant — “Thriving in Ministry” Grant
Supervisor: Jewel Gingerich Longenecker, Dean of Lifelong Learning
Application review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
► Download this job description (PDF)
Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary does not discriminate against employees or candidates for employment on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability or any legally protected status. Commitment to AMBS's mission and support of its Anabaptist and ecumenical vision are important.
Assist the Dean of Lifelong Learning, “Thriving in Ministry” Program Administrator, and Executive Assistant in the administration of educational programs funded by a multi-year grant from the Lilly Endowment.
- Makes travel, lodging, meal, audio-visual, room, and other logistical arrangements for Journey, Transition to Ministry, Leadership Integrity Circles, and Short Courses
- Implements registration and evaluation processes for Journey, Transition to Ministry, Leadership Integrity Circles, and Short Courses
- Is available as requested during events to assist with needs of participants and presenters
- Responds to inquiries for Teacher on the Road program
- Keeps financial records for Journey, Transition to Ministry, Leadership Integrity Circles, and Short Courses
- Handles information of a confidential nature
- Attends weekly Church Leadership Center team meetings
- Attends bi-monthly AMBS support staff meetings; takes occasional responsibilities for staff body (e.g. minutes, social committee)
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Commitment to the AMBS Church Leadership Center's mission of offering spiritual and theological reflection on leadership, along with guidance in wise practice of leadership skills, to active and emerging leaders from any discipline
- Passion for joining an Anabaptist learning community
- Strong and healthy communication skills – interpersonal, written, and spoken
- Strong computer skills and eagerness to learn new programs
- Ability to organize efficiently and work accurately with detail
- Ability to initiate appropriate work
- Availability to work on campus
- Knowledge of Mennonite Church USA and Mennonite Canada structures, conferences, personnel, etc. a plus
- The Church Leadership Center Program Assistant will have direct supervision by and accountability to the Dean of Lifelong Learning and will work cooperatively with other Church Leadership Center staff and volunteers.
Please submit a letter of application with resume to:
Jewel Gingerich Longenecker
[email protected] or 3003 Benham Avenue, Elkhart, Indiana, 46517.