Academics at AMBS
A message from the deanOur Master of Divinity and Master of Arts degree programs draw deeply from the witness and wisdom of the Bible, and this in turn grounds our theological studies, ethical discernment, and ministry training. The breadth of curricular offerings demonstrates a commitment to form students in mind, heart, body, soul and spirit.
Students work closely with their advisers to tailor a program of classes, intenrships and practica that prepares them for their future work. Some students prepare for doctoral studies; others prepare for assignments in congregations, church agencies, international development placements, hospitals, care facilities, and schools and universities. With biblical studies and Anabaptist theology at the core of our curriculum, students leave AMBS prepared to share the Good News in any setting and join God's work in the world. — Rebecca Slough
Thursday, Oct 6 - Saturday, Oct 8, 2016
Monday, Jan 9, 2017
Monday, Feb 27, 2017
Master of Divinity
- Master of Divinity With concentrations in pastoral ministry, pastoral care and counseling, Christian faith formation, and theological studies. Our new MDiv has two options: MDiv Connect for study from a distance, and MDiv Campus for students wanting the benefits of the learning community.
- Master of Divinity and Master of Social Work In conjunction with Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Mich.
- United Methodist Master of Divinity In conjunction with Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary, Evanston, Ill.
Master of Arts
- Master of Arts in Christian Formation With concentrations in spiritual formation and guidance, teaching ministry and worship
Master of Arts: Peace Studies
With concentrations in conflict transformation, international development administration and urban community development
- Master of Arts: Theological Studies With concentrations in biblical studies, church history, and theology and ethics
- Master of Arts: Peace Studies and Master of Social Work In conjunction with Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Mich.