Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies
Design your own course of study
The general Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies allows students to select courses for a special interest or ministry. People who seek basic theological training to enhance their participation in their congregation or profession or who desire opportunities for spiritual formation can develop a plan of study tailored to their interests in consultation with an assigned advisor.
Students can complete the certificate fully online or with any combination of online, hybrid and on-campus courses. Up to 12 credit hours may be transferred from other accredited seminaries.
The following foundational courses are recommended, but not required, for students pursuing the Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies. For course descriptions and more details, download the AMBS catalog.
- Strange New World of the Bible
- Either Beginning Greek: 1 John or Beginning Hebrew: Ruth, or both;
or Introduction to Bible Study Tools
- Christian Theology 1
- Christian Theology 2
- God’s Shalom and the Church’s Witness
- Anabaptist History and Theology
Total credit hours: 27
Apply for seminary study
- Contact our enrollment specialist.
- Review some of our online course options.
- Review the application process.
- Apply online for admission.
Get financial aid details
- AMBS offers generous, need-based financial aid and scholarships, including special funding for Canadian and international students.