Peace Studies concentration for Garrett-Evangelical students
As a part of the AMBS partnership with Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary in Evanston, Illinois, Master of Divinity students at Garrett-Evangelical can complete a concentration in Peace Studies through AMBS. Students wishing to complete the concentration take a minimum of five AMBS Peace and Justice Studies courses. Courses will be offered in a mix of online, hybrid, intensive and campus semester courses on the AMBS campus in Elkhart, Indiana. More information about specific courses and the requirements that they meet can be found below. Students completing the concentration will have it appear on their Garrett-Evangelical transcripts.
- To register for classes at AMBS, students will use the information below and the course schedules on the AMBS website to select the course(s) they wish to take.
- Once the course selection has been made, the students will contact the Garrett-Evangelical registrar to indicate the course(s) and to request verification be sent to the AMBS registrar. The Garrett-Evangelical registrar will then send a letter of good standing to the AMBS registrar to indicate that the student is in good standing and eligible for the course.
- Garrett-Evangelical students can then use the Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary registration form on the AMBS website to register for the course(s). Please note that payment is requested at the time of registration. The registration will not be finalized until payment is received.
- The visiting Garrett-Evangelical student will be contacted by AMBS once the online registration form and payment have been received. At this point the student will be given login information for the online AMBS portal, his or her AMBS email account (the primary contact medium during study at AMBS), and access to Moodle learning management system, as well as any further information he or she may need about the course.
- Visit the Peace Studies concentration page on the G-ETS website for additional information.
- View a list of AMBS Peace Studies courses. (These may not all be included in the plan for this concentration.)
- Check course offerings and the academic calendar for AMBS courses.
- G-ETS students will be expected to join in the Community Life Commitment that guides all AMBS students and faculty.
- G-ETS students will pay AMBS tuition and fees for the courses they take from AMBS.
- G-ETS students will follow AMBS Academic Calendar and Academic Policies and Procedures. A summary of pertinent policies and procedures is in the AMBS Catalog. Once a student has enrolled, the complete collection of Academic Policies and Procedures documents will be available through the AMBS Moodle and Google Drive platforms.
- Peace Studies courses at AMBS (Note: These may not all be included in the plan for this concentration.)
- Garrett-Evangelical web page for Peace Studies concentration
- AMBS Catalog
- AMBS Academic Calendar and Course List
- Online course registration form for Garrett students
Send an email