The Anabaptist Scholarship provides a 100-percent tuition grant to a full-time student who is beginning a master’s program on campus and who identifies with the Anabaptist tradition but is not a member of a congregation affiliated with Mennonite World Conference or a related Anabaptist group. Application deadline: March 1.
Criteria and understandings for Anabaptist Scholarship recipients
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with an overall minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Leadership potential and demonstrated skills, based on information gained from references.
- Reflection of Anabaptist values, as described in an essay of 1,200 to 1,800 words:
- Describe the Anabaptist core values and beliefs that you affirm and claim as your own.
- Describe the congregational and personal practices that you see as central to a lived faith.
- Personal character and emotional health, based on information gained from references.
- Recipients will be enrolled as full-time or part-time students. ("Full-time" is defined as nine credit hours or more per semester plus one Intensive Term course.)
- Students in the MDiv program are eligible to receive the award for three years. Students in an MA program are eligible to receive the award for two years.
Note: To finish a degree in the allotted time frame, a student must complete 27-30 credit hours per year, which generally consists of 12 hours per semester plus one or two Intensive Term courses.
- Eligibility from year to year will be based on satisfactory progress toward the completion of the degree, including:
- Maintaining a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Continuing as a full-time student
- Supporting and adhering to AMBS community life standards
- Supporting and participating in enrollment and recruitment activities and initiatives
- Actively participating in campus activities
- Assuming leadership responsibilities on the AMBS campus
The Admissions Committee will review essays and award scholarship(s). Scholarships will be limited to a total of three (counting new and continuing) each academic year.
Apply for a scholarship
Access the Scholarship Application online.
If you are interested in learning more about these scholarships, call the AMBS Admissions and Financial Aid Office at (800) 964-2627.