The Anabaptist Scholarship provides a grant of 50 percent of tuition to selected students who identify with the Anabaptist tradition but who are not members of a congregation affiliated with Mennonite World Conference. Application deadline: March 1.
Criteria and understandings for Anabaptist Scholarship recipients
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with an overall minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Leadership potential and demonstrated skills, based on information gained from references.
- Reflection of Anabaptist values, as described in a 3-5 page essay:
- Describe the Anabaptist core values and beliefs that you affirm and claim as your own.
- Describe the congregational and personal practices that you see as central to a lived faith.
- Personal character and emotional health, based on information gained from references.
- Recipients will be enrolled as full-time students. ("Full-time" is defined as nine credit hours or more per semester plus one Intensive Term course.)
- Students in the MDiv program are eligible to receive the award for three years. Students in an MA program are eligible to receive the award for two years.
Note: To finish a degree in the allotted time frame, a student must complete 27-30 credit hours per year, which generally consists of 12 hours per semester plus one or two Intensive Term courses.
- Eligibility from year to year will be based on satisfactory progress toward the completion of the degree, including:
- Maintaining a 3.0 GPA
- Continuing as a full-time student
- Supporting and adhering to AMBS community life standards
- Actively participating in campus activities
Recipients will be eligible to apply for other AMBS scholarships. Priority for other scholarships will generally be provided to students receiving 50 percent or less in tuition assistance. Congregations can also provide assistance; recipients of the Anabaptist Scholarship are eligible to receive church matching grants.
The Admissions Committee will review essays and award scholarship(s). Scholarships will be limited to a total of three (counting new and continuing) each academic year.
Apply for a scholarship
Access the Scholarship Application online.
If you are interested in learning more about these scholarships, call the AMBS Admissions and Financial Aid Office at (800) 964-2627.