Application process at AMBS
The application process at Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary requires:
- Completed application form
- Completed personal essay
- A $50 non-refundable application fee
- Transcripts of academic credit beyond the high school level
- Three references: pastor, college teacher or academic advisor, and layperson
- Completed and signed background check forms
- Additional materials are required for Canadian and International applicants.
Online admissions applications
- AMBS Application for Admission - U.S.
To help you prepare, view a list of the fields you will be asked to complete on the application. (Note that this is not the actual application form; applicants must use the online form.)
- AMBS Application for Admission - Canadian
- AMBS Application for Admission - International
Start by completing the online admissions application form. Request that your transcript(s) be sent to AMBS Admissions, 3003 Benham Avenue, Elkhart, IN 46517. For U.S. and Canadian applicants, AMBS will send a reference form to the people you have identified in the application in order to obtain the needed references. Applicants from outside North America must download and send reference forms to the appropriate people, asking them to send the completed forms to AMBS.
Applications are subject to review by the AMBS Admissions Committee. All application materials must be received by the deadlines. (See sidebar.)
- July 31: Apply to begin study in Semester One (August/September through December). We must have your complete application in hand by July 31 (including your essay, references and college transcripts).
- Thirty days following your acceptance date: Apply for financial aid to receive the maximum for which you qualify.
- March 1 and April 1: Apply for scholarships.
Students may take up to two courses at AMBS before applying for admission. Please visit our course registration area for more information.