MDiv Connect Student Scholarship
In order to increase accessibility to graduate-level Anabaptist theological and leadership education for diverse traditions, ethnicities and racial identities, AMBS has established this scholarship for students who are enrolled in the Master of Divinity (MDiv) Connect program (at a distance).
Each year, this award provides a limited number of 75-percent tuition grants to students beginning the MDiv Connect program. Recipients may receive this grant for the stated length of the MDiv Connect program by meeting certain conditions. Applicants must be from the U.S. or Canada and be a member in good standing of a congregation that is affiliated with Mennonite World Conference or a related Anabaptist group. Application deadline: March 1.
- The award will be given to students beginning their first year of study at AMBS in the Master of Divinity Connect program.
- The application deadline is March 1.
Criteria for award recipients
- Recipients will be from the U.S. or Canada and be members in good standing of a congregation that is affiliated with Mennonite World Conference or a related Anabaptist group.
- The decision to grant an award will be based on four factors:
- Previous academic performance, including a minimum GPA of at least 3.5 from all undergraduate work, based on information gained from transcripts and references.
- History of and/or a commitment to enter into active ministry upon completion of the MDiv degree.
- Strong leadership potential for serving the church, based on information gained from references and from a required essay on the applicant’s past, present and future service/ministry.
- Personal character and emotional health, based on information gained from references.
By the deadline, applicants must submit:
- A completed application for admission with all supporting materials, including transcript(s), references and admissions essay.
- Completed Financial Aid and Scholarship applications.
- A 1,200–1,800-word essay that includes:
- demonstrated leadership potential for ministry
- description of the applicant’s past, present and future service/ministry
- how an education at AMBS will enrich the applicant’s present and future ministry
- The AMBS Scholarship Selection Committee will select the recipient(s) of this award by March 31 and inform the student(s) via e-mail.
- Recipients must accept their award in writing to confirm enrollment for Semester One.
- Eligibility from year to year will be based on satisfactory progress toward the completion of the degree, including:
- maintaining a minimum 3.5 GPA
- maintaining continuous enrollment in the MDiv Connect program by taking at least 12 credit hours each academic year (the minimum enrollment required to stay at intended pace in the program)
- supporting and participating in enrollment and recruitment activities and initiatives, as requested by the AMBS Admissions Team
- supporting and adhering to AMBS community standards
- Recipients will not be eligible for ministry scholarships or AMBS need-based financial aid, including AMBS matching grants, in addition to the MDiv Connect Student Scholarship.
Apply for a scholarship
Access the Scholarship Application online.
If you are interested in learning more about these scholarships, call the AMBS Admissions and Financial Aid Office at (800) 964-2627.