Mennonite Church Eastern Canada (MCEC) Scholarship
The MCEC scholarship is available for Canadian students who currently serve, or have a desire to serve, Mennonite Church Canada. Students from MCEC congregations are given preference. Each year, AMBS will select up to two award recipients who will each receive a scholarship of $2,500 per academic year. Application deadline: April 1.
Criteria and understandings for MCEC Scholarship recipients
- Have been a member of a MCEC congregation for at least one year.
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with an overall minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Submit a three- to five- page essay on the topic of “Why I want to serve Mennonite Church Canada.”
- Will be enrolled as full-time students (full-time is defined as nine credit hours or more per semester plus one Intensive Term course each year).
- Students in the MDiv program are eligible to receive the award for three years. Students in an MA program are eligible to receive the award for two years.
Note: To finish a degree in the allotted time frame, a student must complete 27-30 credit hours per year, which generally consists of 12 hours per semester plus one or two Intensive Term courses.
Apply for a scholarship
Access the Scholarship Application online.
If you are interested in learning more about these scholarships, call the AMBS Admissions and Financial Aid Office at (800) 964-2627.