Partial-tuition scholarships may be awarded each year to students who applied to receive either a Church Leadership Award or a Next Generation Scholarship and met eligibility requirements but were not selected to receive either scholarship. This award provides tuition grants of varying amounts to students who are beginning a master’s program. The recipient may receive this grant for two or three years by meeting certain conditions.
Criteria for partial-tuition scholarships
Recipients will have applied to receive either a Church Leadership Award or a Next Generation Scholarship and will have met eligibility requirements but will not have been selected to receive either scholarship.
Understandings for partial-tuition scholarship recipients
- Recipients will be enrolled as full-time students (full-time is defined as nine credit hours or more per semester plus one Intensive Term course).
- Students in the MDiv program are eligible to receive the award for three years. Students in an MA program are eligible to receive the award for two years.
Note: To finish a degree in the allotted time frame, a student must complete 27-30 credit hours per year, which generally consists of 12 hours per semester plus one or two Intensive Term courses.
- Eligibility from year to year will be based on satisfactory progress toward the completion of the degree, including:
- Maintaining a 3.0 GPA
- Continuing as a full-time student
- Supporting and adhering to AMBS community life standards
- Actively participating in campus activities
- Recipients will be eligible to apply for other AMBS scholarships. Priority for other scholarships will generally be provided to students receiving 50 percent or less in tuition assistance. Congregations can also provide assistance, but students who receive scholarships of 51 percent or more of tuition will not be eligible to receive church matching grants.
Apply for a scholarship
Access the Scholarship Application online.
If you are interested in learning more about these scholarships, call the AMBS Admissions and Financial Aid Office at (800) 964-2627.