United Methodist Student Scholarship
As an approved seminary of the United Methodist Church (UMC), AMBS educates UMC students to serve the church. In order to lower financial barriers, a special scholarship program has been established specifically for UMC students. Each year, AMBS will select up to two award recipients who will each receive a scholarship of $3,000 per academic year. Preference will be granted to students advanced by UMC leadership. The deadline for applying is April 1.
Criteria and Understandings for UMC Scholarships Recipients
- Member of a United Methodist Church (UMC), with preference given to those who are part of the Indiana or Michigan Conference.
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with an overall minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Submit a three- to five- page essay on the topic of “Why I want to serve the United Methodist Church.”
- Recipients will be enrolled as full-time students (full-time is defined as nine credit hours or more per semester plus one short-term course during Interterm or the summer).
- Students in the MDiv program are eligible to receive the award for three (3) years. Students in an MA program are eligible to receive the award for two (2) years. Note: To finish a degree in the allotted timeframe a student must complete 27-30 credit hours per year, which generally consists of 12 hours per semester plus a course during Interterm and another course in the summer.
- The scholarship funds are limited to AMBS tuition payment only.