United Methodist Student Scholarship
As an approved seminary of the United Methodist Church (UMC), AMBS educates UMC students to serve the church. In order to lower financial barriers, the United Methodist Student Scholarship program has been established specifically for UMC students. Each year, AMBS will select up to two award recipients who will each receive a scholarship of $3,000 per academic year. Preference will be granted to students advanced by UMC leadership. Application deadline: April 1.
Criteria for United Methodist Student Scholarship recipients
- Be a member of a United Methodist Church (UMC), with preference given to those who are part of the Indiana or Michigan conferences.
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with an overall minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Submit a three- to five- page essay on the topic of “Why I want to serve The United Methodist Church.”
- Be enrolled as full-time students (full-time is defined as nine credit hours or more per semester plus one Intensive Term course).
Understandings for United Methodist Student Scholarship recipients
- Students in the MDiv program are eligible to receive the award for three years. Students in an MA program are eligible to receive the award for two years.
Note: To finish a degree in the allotted time frame, a student must complete 27-30 credit hours per year, which generally consists of 12 hours per semester plus one or two Intensive Term courses.
- Scholarship funds are limited to AMBS tuition payments only.
Apply for a scholarship
Access the Scholarship Application online.
If you are interested in learning more about these scholarships, call the AMBS Admissions and Financial Aid Office at (800) 964-2627.