AMBS is committed to assisting all members of the AMBS community in providing for their own safety, security and well-being. Choosing a post-secondary institution is a major decision for students and their families. Along with academic, financial and geographic considerations, we understand the issue of campus safety may also be a concern.
The Office of the U.S. Department of Education provides guidance regarding campus safety and security via The Handbook for Campus Safety and Security Reporting and the Federal Student Aid Handbook. By law AMBS is required to report and share safety and security information with you on an annual basis, including information such as crime prevention, fire safety, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. AMBS’s annual security and fire safety compliance documents are available through the links provided below.
This information is required by law and is provided by AMBS.
Security and Fire Safety Report
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for Calendar Year 2021 (posted Sept. 30, 2022): Download the PDF and open it from within Adobe Acrobat to access the bookmarks, which allow for easy navigation through the document.
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Policy and Procedures (updated August 2021)
- Emergency Response Plan and Timely Warning Procedure (updated September 2022)
- Missing Students Contact Form
- Sexual Misconduct Policy and Procedures (updated September 2022)
- Sexual Misconduct Reporting Form
The campus safety and security policies and procedures are found in the Policies and Procedures reference drive on the AMBS network (see Personnel and Student Policies > Core Policies > Campus Safety). If you would like to receive the combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report or if you have any questions, you may contact the AMBS President’s Office at 3003 Benham Ave, Elkhart, IN 46517, or by calling 574.295.3726.