Church matching grants
Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary offers grants to match contributions made by congregations, conferences and regional churches toward a student’s tuition costs for graduate-level study at AMBS—whether you’re studying on campus or at a distance.
Committed to affordability
Submit a Church Partnership Form
Our church matching grants are an expression of our commitment to make theological and leadership education affordable and accessible for students across the church and to partner with the wider church in investing in current and future leaders.
Church matching grant eligibility
AMBS has set the following eligibility requirements (per academic year) for contributions received from a congregation, conference or regional church.
Full-time students who qualify for financial aid at a rate of 40–50 percent of tuition: The student will receive the percentage of aid for which he or she qualifies plus a dollar-for-dollar matching grant of up to $2,000 per year ($1,000 per term; maximum of two terms).
Full-time students who qualify for financial aid at a rate of less than 40 percent of tuition: The student will receive the percentage of aid for which he or she qualifies plus a dollar-for-dollar matching grant of up to $2,000 per year ($1,000 per term; maximum of two terms) and a 25-percent match on contributions beyond $1,000 per term.
Part-time students: A part-time admitted student may receive a 25-percent matching grant of up to $500 per year ($250 per term; maximum of two terms).
Nonadmitted students: Students who are taking a course but have not been admitted to AMBS are not eligible to receive AMBS matching grants.
Additional guidelines for students and congregations
- Matching funds will not be applied to the student’s account until funds are received from the congregation, conference or regional church. Contributions received after the dates listed below will not be matched.
- Students must pay their balance in full by the first day of each term and are responsible to pay any outstanding balances and fees.
- AMBS financial aid, including matching grants, will not exceed the cost of a student’s tuition for any given term.
- Funds can apply to two terms only. When completing and submitting the Church Partnership Form, please choose two terms in which to allocate your contribution, and send designated funds by the due dates indicated below.
Due dates for contributions to be matched
- Semester One (hybrid): due Aug. 1
- Semester One (campus/online): due Sept. 1
- Semester Two: due Jan. 1
- Intensive Term Hybrid Session or Campus Session One: due May 1
- Intensive Term Campus Session Two: due May 1
- To submit the Church Partnership Form as a hard copy, send it to:
AMBS Financial Aid
3003 Benham Avenue
Elkhart, IN 46517, USA
- To submit the Church Partnership Form digitally, email a scan (JPG or PDF) to: [email protected]
- To pay by check, make it payable to AMBS and include the student’s name on the memo line or stub. Send to AMBS Financial Aid at the address above.
- To pay by credit card via phone, call 800-964-2627 ext. 0. Give the student’s name and the name of your organization.
Thank you for helping students work toward an Anabaptist biblical and theological education; your support makes a difference!
Contact us: [email protected] or 800-964-2627 ext. 227.