The Church Leadership Center offers webinars and recordings of past webinars that feature insights into theology, ministry and pastoral care. Each webinar includes the opportunity for participants to interact with speakers by asking questions or making comments through audio or written chat.
Register online for one of these webinars:
Exploring your Call to Ministry
David B. Miller, DMin
Thursday, October 27, 2:00-3:30 pm EDT
+ Read the description for this webinar
How does one discern a "call to ministry?" Anabaptist churches have long maintained that there are two dimensions to such a call - the inner call - the conviction of the heart that one hears a very personal invitation to this work as the form of service that their baptismal vows are to take; and an outer call - the confirming voice of the community of faith that sees in the individual the gifts, faith, aptitude and example of one in whom the community believes that the Spirit of God is working and will work to provide leadership for the church.
David Miller, AMBS Associate Professor of Missional Leadership Development, will be joined by two guests for this webinar:
- AMBS Assistant Professor of Christian Formation and Culture Andy Brubacher Kaethler. Andy has been a pastor, conference youth leader and now a seminary professor. Andy has developed and led AMBS's !eXplore Program that has provided an opportunity for youth to discern their calling to ministry - and invited their pastors and congregations to walk with them in that process of discernment.
- AMBS alum, Amanda Beachy, pastor of Washington Mennonite Church in Washington, Iowa. Amanda had her sights set on a very different career when she began to hear the invitation of the church - and the invitation of the Spirit to explore preparing for pastoral ministry.
Each of the participants will discuss their own call to ministry, how it was discerned, and who was helpful to them in that process of discernment. They will also discuss what they have seen in others discerning such a call, the opportunities they experienced to test their gifts, that preparation that has been important for them, and what has sustained their call over time. This is an excellent opportunity for pastors and mentors to invite persons who are discerning their own call to join in the conversation together.
Introduction to Anabaptism
Lois Barrett, PhD
Thursday, November 3, 2:00-3:30 EDT
Planting Peace Churches
James Krabill, PhD, and Sara Wenger Shenk, EdD
Moderated by Mauricio Chenlo, MAPS
Thursday, November 17, 2:00-3:30 pm EST
Changing the Way the Church Views Racism
Drew Hart, PhD
Thursday, December 1, 2:00-3:30 EST
How We Got the Bible
Loren Johns, PhD
Thursday, February 9, 2:00-3:30 pm EST
Principles of Worship Leading
Rachel Miller Jacobs, DMin
Thursday, March 9, 2:00-3:30 pm EST
Intercultural Leadership in Diversity-Oriented Churches
A. Brian Leander, PhD
Thursday, March 23, 2:00-3:30 pm EDT
Connecting to a webinar
Connecting to a webinar requires a computer with reliable, high-speed internet access, and computer speakers. Our webinars work best when the participant wears a headset. This is not mandatory, but doing so helps to eliminate feedback and distortions. On the day of the webinar, registered participants will receive an e-mail message prior to the start of the webinar with a Web link to access the webinar.
Online registration will close at noon the day before the webinar. After this time you can call 574-296-6234 for details of how to register until 12:00 PM the day of the webinar.
Webinar registration fees are nonrefundable and webinar privileges are non-transferable.
- Your first webinar is free! Learn more
- $20 if registering before noon of the day prior to the webinar. After deadline, $30.
- Buy 5, get 1 free! Learn more
- $5 for full-time students
Read about group participation and other policies here.
Want to join our webinar on your mobile device or tablet? Ask us how.
Contact us:churchleadership@ ambs.edu
574.296.6269 or 800.964.2627