2022 Commencement service
Commencement 2022 will be on Saturday, April 30, 2022.
Watch this page for updated information as it becomes available.
2021 Commencement service
Meet the 21 graduates of the AMBS ’21 graduating class
We just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to brag (humbly, of course) about our graduates. Grads, we’re cheering for you as you continue to lead the Church! Read more about our 21 graduates.
Watch the 2021 AMBS Commencement service:
Saturday, May 1, 2021, 3–4:30 p.m. EDT
The commencement service will honor 21 candidates for graduation who are completing degrees and certificates. Fifteen will earn a Master of Divinity; two will earn a Master of Arts in Christian Formation; and two will earn a Master of Arts: Theology and Peace Studies. Two students will receive a Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies.
Cyneatha Millsaps, of Elkhart, Indiana, will bring the commencement address. Millsaps is Executive Director of Mennonite Women USA, co-pastor of Prairie Street Mennonite Church in Elkhart, and Chair of the Board of Directors of the new Tolson Center for Community Excellence in Elkhart. She earned a Master of Divinity from AMBS in 2008. Millsaps serves as a bridge builder in the Anabaptist community, working with churches, conferences and women’s groups on relationship-building among diverse communities. In her work, she seeks to offer a unique perspective on theology, culture, race and class that is designed to challenge and foster open and honest discussion.
2021 Graduation Weekend Schedule
All times listed are Eastern Daylight Savings Time (EDT) for Elkhart, Indiana. Please keep in mind that plans may need to be adjusted in order to follow updated COVID-19 safety protocols. Masks and physical distancing will be required at all in-person events.
Friday, April 30
- 12:30 p.m. | Dean’s Luncheon (Lambright Dining Hall – by invitation)
- 2 p.m. | Dean’s Sharing and Awards Program (virtual – by invitation)
- 7-8:30 p.m. | Commissioning Service (virtual at anabapti.st/live – open to the public)
Saturday, May 1
- 2:30 p.m. | Final instructions and processional (Waltner Hall lounge and courtyard area)
- 3-4:30 p.m. | Commencement Service (virtual at anabapti.st/live – open to the public)
- 4:30 p.m. | Reception (AMBS Courtyard – by invitation)
- COVID-19 Update Center — for announcements from our learning community during this time of pandemic