Endowment: Support a generation of leaders
Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary relies on endowment earnings for annual revenue. In order to continue serving the church and educating Christian leaders, we must continue to add to our endowment to carry our mission into a secure future without raising tuition for our students.
Currently investment income on our endowments contribute 30% of our operating income.
Endowment for a Sustainable Future
Gifts given to the general endowment will help to sustain AMBS long after a donor has made his or her final AMBS Fund gift. By giving a planned gift to a non-scholarship endowment, a donor can continue to support the sustainability of AMBS for generations. Contributions to a non-scholarship endowment support AMBS’s triple bottom line of financial, spiritual and environmental sustainability.
Give from income: Commit to making monthly, quarterly or yearly gifts to an existing fund or to establish a new named fund over the course of five years.
Give appreciated securities or real estate: Transfer stock, mutual funds or real property to AMBS, designated for a new or existing fund.
Give from your IRA or RRSP/RRIF: Give from your IRA (U.S.) or RRSP/RRIF (Canada) to realize tax benefits related to income or charitable distribution
You can make arrangements for your final gift to AMBS to be designated for the endowment fund.
- Make a bequest. The easiest way to make a final gift is to make a bequest in your will.
- Designate AMBS as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy, retirement plan, living trust or donor-advised fund.
Consult with your financial adviser to explore other options such as donor-advised funds, gift annuities or charitable remainder or lead trusts.
Ways to give
- Give online using your credit card
- Mail a check/cheque made out to AMBS at 3003 Benham Ave, Elkhart, IN 46517
- Call AMBS to make a credit card gift over the phone at 1-800-964-2627
- Set up automatic transfers from your bank account
- Call AMBS at 1-800-964-2627 or
- Contact your bank
- Direct a gift to AMBS from your donor-advised fund
- Give appreciated securities held for at least one year
- In the United States
- Give directly from your IRA to AMBS
- If you are older than 70½, direct your RMD from your IRA to AMBS
Consult with your financial advisor to determine other ways to give annually to AMBS!