Student Aid Fund and Scholarship Endowment Fund
Your gifts to the Student Aid Fund or Scholarship Endowment Fund have a big impact, reducing the average tuition cost by 50%. The cost for a full-time student to study at AMBS is about $27,500 per year. Half of that amount is for tuition; the other half is for living expenses. Scholarships help to significantly reduce the amount of tuition a student must pay.
You can make it possible for someone to study at AMBS who otherwise would consider it impossible.
New scholarships can be named for the founders or their family, in memory or honor of someone, or for a particular field of study. Criteria can be established to benefit students in an area of study, ministry skill or personal attribute.
We are seeking scholarships specifically for:
- International students
- Students who are underrepresented in our learning community
- Students called to rural or urban ministry
- New Anabaptists
- Students from established Mennonite Church USA or Mennonite Church Canada churches
Anyone can give to an existing scholarship or endowment fund in any amount and at any time.
New named scholarship or endowment funds have a minimum payout threshold of $25,000 that can be reached with an estate gift or over the course of five years if established in a donor’s lifetime.
Ways to give
- Give online using your credit card
- Mail a check/cheque made out to AMBS at 3003 Benham Ave, Elkhart, IN 46517
- Call AMBS to make a credit card gift over the phone at 1-800-964-2627
- Set up automatic transfers from your bank account
- Call AMBS at 1-800-964-2627 or
- Contact your bank
- Direct a gift to AMBS from your donor-advised fund
- Give appreciated securities held for at least one year
- In the United States
- Give directly from your IRA to AMBS
- If you are older than 70½, direct your RMD from your IRA to AMBS
Consult with your financial adviser to determine other ways to give annually to AMBS!