David B. Miller
David B. Miller, D. Min., is a Teaching Associate of the AMBS Church Leadership Center. In this role, David is available as a pastoral consultant for leaders, congregations and church-related organizations. David is also able to serve as a visiting preacher, lecturer or workshop leader.
Thoughout his career, David's work has focused on:
- Christian leadership
- the missional church
- peace, justice, and nonviolence
- Healthy Boundaries
- holistic witness
Invite David to help you problem-solve leadership issues you are facing or to speak at your church or organization!
David is available as a pastoral consultant for leaders, congregations and church-related organizations at a rate of $100 per hour. Email us or call 574.296.6269 to inquire!
- $1,500 for a two-day engagement, with 4-5 sessions total; $500 for a third day
- $1,000 for a one-day engagement, with 2-3 sessions
- $250 for a sermon
Limited mutual aid grants are available to assist with costs. Email us or call 574.296.6269 to inquire!
Prior to joining the AMBS faculty in 2009, David was pastor of University Mennonite Church, State College, Pennsylvania, for 12 years. During the time he was pastor in Pennsylvania, he was one of the founding board members of the Interfaith and Community Coalition Against Violence and Prejudice, established in the wake of the Columbine High School shootings. He was founder of the Centre Community Peace Team, a violence and riot prevention organization. In addition, since 2003 he has been a member on the board of directors of the Center on Conscience and War in Washington, D.C.
David has been a professor at:
- Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary (2009 - 2018)
- Hesston College (1993 - 1997)
- Goshen College (adjunct 1992-1993)
- D.Min., Columbia Theological Seminary, 2006
- M.Div., Goshen Biblical Seminary, 1993
- B.A., Goshen College, 1979
Other Professional Training
- Healthy Boundaries Trainer, May 2017
- “God in the hands of angry sinners: Re-considering wrath in the book of Ephesians” in Peace Be With You: The Church’s Benediction Amid Violent Empires (Cascadia, 2009)
- “Our rebates can fund a year of jubilee,” in Centre Daily Times, State College, Pennsylvania. (May 8, 2008)
- “Preaching Lenten repentance to church and nation: Deep memory and the catechesis of repentance,” in Journal for Preachers (Lent 2008)
- “The Missional Church and the End of Christian Social Ethics: Reassessing, Remembering, and Rehearsing,” doctoral project, 2006