Short Courses Details
How short courses work
Courses are offered online and last six weeks each. The graduate-level non-credit courses explore topics like Anabaptist history, biblical study and spiritual and ethical issues. These courses involve readings from textbooks and online articles and include written forum discussion. There are no papers to complete and you won't recieve a grade. Readings and discussion are comparable to seminary-level work, and professors assume you have critical thinking skills and some previous academic study.
Courses do not typically involve live video conversations (as in a webinar) or other activities in which all class members come together at one time.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available. Upon the completion of course requirements, you can earn 2.4 CEUs. However, no academic credit is awarded and these courses do not meet any requirements in the AMBS Master of Divinity or Master of Arts programs of study.
- Anabaptist Short Course Bundle: US $995 total (plus textbooks) for the four course! Register online by August 16, 2019 and select the bundle price.
- Early registration: US $300 per course (plus textbooks)
- Regular registration: US $350 per course (plus textbooks)
- Global South Scholarships are available.
- Participants should expect to pay for one or two textbooks.
Online course requirements
You will need:
- High speed internet access
- Access to a computer with a web browser, a word processing program, and a PDF file reader (such as Adobe Reader)
- An email account
- Basic computer skills
- One or two textbooks selected by the professor, available from a web source
Before you register
Online learning is not for everyone. To help evaluate your skills and abilities to benefit from an online course, please follow this link to a quiz provided by Washington Online. Question 5 asks about available time to devote to the course. Short courses require, on average, 5-10 hours per week rather than the 10-15 hours mentioned in the quiz. With this in mind, we encourage you to take the quiz and find out whether you are a good candidate for online learning.
Global South scholarships
Before the early registration deadline, cancellations will be refunded, less US$50. After this date, cancellations will be granted credit, less US$50, toward a future short course within one year. Refund credits must be requested within one week of the beginning of the event.
Questions? Contact us!
Anabaptist Short Course Bundle discount!
Only $995 total for all four Anabaptist short courses. Register online and select the bundle price. 16 spots left!
Exploring Anabaptist History and Theology
Exploring Peace and Justice in the Bible (online)
Understanding Anabaptist Approaches to Scripture: What's Different and Why? (online)
Taught by Loren Johns, PhD from Feb.12 - Mar. 24, 2020. Learn more.