By Megan West, PALNI communications and marketing director
The Private Academic Library Network of Indiana Inc. (PALNI) recognized library and consortia staff by presenting twenty-eight awards on June 12th, 2018 at their annual all-staff conference. PALNI, a non-profit organization supporting the libraries of its twenty-four supported institutions, inspires innovation, fosters learning, and reduces costs for all PALNI institutions. The event provided opportunity for the supported institutions’ library and instructional technology staff to collaborate and share in person, learn from keynote Barbara Fister, and celebrate the success experienced over the past year.
The Executive Director, Kirsten Leonard, recognized accomplishments in five categories of awards during the event. Notably, Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary Library Director Karl Stutzman and Librarian Brandon Board were awarded Outstanding Service 2018 awards for their support of new institutional additions.
● The “Hall of Fame” award was bestowed to library staff who’ve volunteered long-standing service and invested above and beyond in PALNI initiatives.
● The “Outstanding Service 2018” was awarded to those who were active facilitators in driving action items and advancing projects during the annual year.
● Outstanding Service 2018 awards were also given to recognition of those who supported the WMS Implementation of Bethel College and Saint Mary’s College who have recently joined PALNI.
● The “Outstanding Achievement Award for Leadership in Deep Collaboration” was given to select library senior leaders who have led the way in working together more deliberately and effectively.
● The “Heart of PALNI Award” was given to staff who embody PALNI’s deep collaboration, and supportive culture
PALNI Hall of Fame
- Heather Myers, Anderson University
Outstanding Service 2018
- Julie Miller, Butler University
- Olivia MacIsaac, Butler University
- Vanessa French, Butler University
- Erin Milanese, Goshen College
- Tonya Fawcett, Grace College
- Rebecca Johnson, Manchester University
- Suzanne Hinnefeld, Saint Mary’s College
- Andrea Cohn, University of Saint Francis
- Laura Vogler, Wabash College
Support of Bethel and Saint Mary’s WMS Implementation
- Brandon Board, Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary
- Karl Stutzman, Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary
- Heather Myers, Anderson University
- Richard Lammert, Concordia Theological Seminary
- Roger Peters, Concordia Theological Seminary
- Brooke Cox, DePauw University
- Edward Mandity, Marian College
- Shawn Denny, Taylor University
Outstanding Achievement Award for Leadership in Deep Collaboration – 2018
- Jill Lichtsinn, Manchester University
- Noah Brubaker, PALNI
- Diane Randall, University of Saint Francis
Heart of PALNI Award
- Heather Loehr, PALNI/Hanover College
- Eric Bradley, PALNI/Goshen College
- Ruth Szpunar, PALNI/DePauw
- Barb Chen, PALNI/University of Saint Francis
- Lisa Gonzalez, PALNI
- Amanda Hurford, PALNI
- Lauren Magnuson, PALNI
To read more about PALNI, see the website at www.palni.edu.
About the Private Academic Library Network of Indiana (PALNI): PALNI is a non-profit organization supporting collaboration for library and information services to the libraries of its 22 supported institutions. Over time, the library deans and directors who sit on the PALNI board have adjusted the organization’s strategic direction as the internet and information services landscape have changed. PALNI has expanded beyond providing a resource management system to sharing expertise in many areas, including strategic planning, reference, information fluency, outreach, data management and configuration, and has identified greater collaboration in acquisitions as a key goal.
PALNI-supported institutions: Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary | Ancilla College | Anderson University | Butler University | Concordia Theological Seminary | Christian Theological Seminary | DePauw University | Earlham College | Franklin College | Goshen College | Grace College | Hanover College | Huntington University | Manchester University | Marian University | Oakland City University | University of Saint Francis | Saint Meinrad Theological Seminary | Taylor University | Trine University | University of Indianapolis | Wabash College