Published: January 4, 2023
ELKHART, Indiana (Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary) — In 2022, Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary (AMBS) in Elkhart, Indiana, welcomed several new employees, while others took on new roles. Three employees also concluded their time with the seminary.
Retirements and departures
- Brandon Board, MLIS, concluded his role as Information Services and Online Learning Librarian in May after nearly eight years of service. He accepted a position with Waubonsee Community College in Sugar Grove, Illinois. Read more
- Daniel B. Grimes, MPA, Vice President for Advancement and Enrollment retired June 30 having served the seminary for more than seven years. Read more
- Jeff Marshall, MDiv, Director of Maintenance and Campus Safety, retired July 31 after more than 11 years of service. Read more
- Henok T. Mekonin (MA 2021) of Nazreth, Oromiya region, Ethiopia, joined AMBS May 1 as full-time Global Leadership Collaborative Specialist, with funding for half of his position coming from Mennonite Mission Network. Read more
- Jackie Wyse-Rhodes, PhD (MDiv 2002), of Bluffton, Ohio, was appointed Associate Professor of Hebrew Bible, beginning in July. Read more
- Orion Blaha of Elkhart, Indiana, began Aug. 15 as full-time Assistant Director of Maintenance. Read more
- Kajsa Herrstrom, MSLIS (MDiv 2022), of Champaign, Illinois, began Aug. 22 as full-time Resource Access Librarian. She had served the library as a student employee and as Interim Librarian. Read more
- Norm Cender was promoted from his role as Assistant Director of Maintenance to Director of Maintenance and Campus Safety in August.
- Mary Ann Weber (MA 2003), Director of Enrollment; and Bob Yoder, DMin (MDiv 2001), CFRM, Director of Development; joined AMBS’s Administrative Cabinet. This change followed the June 30 retirement of Daniel Grimes, who oversaw both of their departments. Read more
- Paul A. Keim, PhD (MDiv 1985), began Sept. 6 as half-time Student Services Coordinator. He is continuing to serve the Bible Department as a Core Adjunct Faculty member, a role he has held since 2003. Read more
- Jewel Gingerich Longenecker, PhD (MA 1992), and Daniel Schrock, DMin, began Sept. 19 as Co-Directors of AMBS’s new Doctor of Ministry in Leadership program. They are sharing the half-time position. Both are continuing in their existing roles at AMBS — Gingerich Longenecker as Dean of Lifelong Learning and Schrock as a Core Adjunct Faculty member. Read more
Located in Elkhart, Indiana, on ancestral land of the Potawatomi and Miami peoples, Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary is a learning community with an Anabaptist vision, offering theological education for learners both on campus and at a distance as well as a wide array of lifelong learning programs — all with the goal of educating followers of Jesus Christ to be leaders for God’s reconciling mission in the world.
Want to receive AMBS news and updates via email?