At AMBS, our Peace and Justice Studies courses engage peacebuilding from biblical, theological, historical, ethical, ecclesiological, cultural and pastoral perspectives. The following courses can help ground you in peace theology as well as strengthen your practical peacebuilding skills.
- Course IDs (department abbreviation and three-digit number) without an ending letter are campus courses.
- IDs ending in “B” are blended courses (campus courses that students who are at a distance from Elkhart can join via live videoconference during posted class times [Eastern Time]).
- IDs ending in “E” are online courses.
- IDs ending in “H” are hybrid courses.
Course titles appearing in bold will be offered during the 2022–23 academic year. For course descriptions, see our Academic Catalog.
Learn more and register for Peace and Justice Studies courses
- Biblical Foundations for Peace and Justice (BIB651, BIB651H)
- Confronting Sexualized Violence in the Bible (BIB556)
- Luke-Acts: Gospeling Peace Amid Empire (BIB526, BIB526B)
- The Religious Other in the Bible (BIB620) (Intensive Term)
- Theology and Ethics of the Gospels (BIB642)
History, Theology, and Ethics courses
- Christian Attitudes Toward War, Peace, and Revolution (HTE644, HTE644E, HTE644H)
- Church and Race (HTE649, HTE649H)
- Conflict, Communication and Conciliation (HTE613H)
- Earthkeeping (HTE670, HTE670B)
- Economic Justice and Christian Conscience (HTE641, HTE641H)
- Ethics and Practice of Forgiveness (HTE657, HTE657H)
- Human Sexuality and Christian Ethics (HTE646, HTE646B) (Semester Two)
- Introduction to Peace Studies and Nonviolence (HTE550, HTE550E) (Semester One)
- Islam and Christian-Muslim Relations (HTE686, HTE686E)
- Political Theology and Ethics (HTE628) (Semester Two)
- Practicing and Embodying Nonviolence (HTE664) (Intensive Term)
- Religion and Peace Processes (HTE575)
- Religion, Violence, and Peacebuilding (HTE555)
- Theology and Women’s Narratives (HTE623, HTE623H)
- Theology in Context (HTE618, HTE618H)
- The Trail of Death: A Pilgrimage of Remembrance, Lament and Transformation (HTE564)
- Witness Colloquium (HTE534, HTE534B, HTE538, HTE538B) (Semesters One and Two)
Church and Ministry courses
- Christian Leadership in the 21st Century (CHM621H, CHM621E) (Semester One)
- Conflict, Communication, and Conciliation (CHM633H)
- Cultural Hermeneutics (CHM610, CHM610B) (Semester Two)
- God’s Shalom and the Church’s Witness (CHM500, CHM500E) (Semester One: campus; Semester Two: online)
- The Trail of Death: A Pilgrimage of Remembrance, Lament, and Transformation (CHM518)
- Understanding Trauma in Ministry and Peacebuilding (CHM645, CHM645B) (Semester One)
For course descriptions, see our Academic Catalog.
Questions? Contact the Registrar’s Office.