Mission Focus journal
Mission Focus becomes Anabaptist Witness.
- Read the first issue online at anabaptistwitness.org.
- Visit the site for calls for papers and information about purchasing print copies.
Call for papers: Anabaptist Mission and Theology of Religions
For the April 2015 issue, we invite contribute that put reflection on Anabaptists and Mennonite in mission into conversation with theological perspectives on how Christians are to understand and relate to persons and communities that do not share Christian faith. Co-editors welcome submissions from a variety of genres including sermons, photo-essays, reflections, interviews, biographies, poems, and academic papers. Submission deadline: November 1, 2014. Address all correspondence to Anabaptist Witness co-editor Jamie Pitts at [email protected]. For details, download the complete call for papers.
Previous issues of Mission Focus: Annual Review
Mission Focus: Annual Review was published annually as a forum for sharing research, perspectives and discussion on issues facing Anabaptist/Mennonites in mission today. Also published by the AMBS Mission Studies Center, it was sponsored by the mission organizations of Mennonite Church USA and Mennonite Church Canada as well as Mennonite Central Committee.
Volume 20, published in 2012, was the last for which Walter Sawatsky, former director of the Mission Studies Center at AMBS, served as editor. In it he asks more than a dozen agencies to reflect on their thinking, praxis, structure and priorities over the last 25 years.
Call for papers
- The deadline for submissions for the spring 2015 issue is November 1.
- Malinda Berry, Web content co-director and development strategist
- Steve Heinrichs, Book review co-editor
- SaeJin Lee, Art director
- Matthew Krabill, Marketing director
- Gregory Rabus, Web content co-director
- Isaac S. Villegas, Book review co-editor