Planning Easter and Good Friday worship:
Fostering meaningful interactions while physically separate
(A free webinar)
Tuesday, March 31, 3–4:15 p.m. ET (See recording below)
This webinar explores ways to create engagement and ritual action in online Good Friday and Easter services that encourage worshipers to connect with God and one another with their whole selves, even at a distance.
Whether you’re a worship planner, leader or pastor, you’ll find information on the differences between video conferencing and live streaming; logistical and leadership considerations for planning and leading online; and new possibilities arising in these online formats.
- Rebecca Slough, Ph.D., Academic Dean Emerita and Professor Emerita of Worship and the Arts
- Michelle Curtis, Master of Divinity 2018, originally of Lansdale, Pennsylvania
- Melissa Atchison, Master of Divinity Connect student from Manhattan, Kansas
- Deb Coates, Master of Divinity Connect student from Brush Prairie, Washington
- Joyce Peachey Lind, Master of Divinity Connect student from Harrisonburg, Virginia
Background: In the fall semester of 2017, 15 AMBS students participated in the Christian Ritual in Worship course at AMBS, a blended course of online students and campus students. Some of these students and their professor used what they learned from the blended course to host a workshop during the recent Shaping Faith in a Digital Culture conference at AMBS. They have adapted that workshop for the present time and added resources for Easter and Good Friday.
WATCH the webinar:
- IMAGES: Good Friday Wreath | Easter Wreath
- Adaption of Communion Ritual for Zoom and Livestreamed Services
- Planning Good Friday Worship at a Distance
- Planning Easter Worship at a Distance
- Welcome to Easter Sunday! Screenshare Easter Order of Worship [Service outline adapted from Leader. MennoMedia, “Easter/Resurrection Sunday: Show Us Your Resurrection Power and Love,” Leader: Worship Resources, Winter, 2019-2020. leaderonline.org/worship]
- Suggested Guidelines for Planning and Leading Interactive Worship through Zoom and Live Stream
Do you have a question about planning that you'd like to ask the presenting team? Do you have a suggestion you'd like to share with others about how to best plan for an Easter service? The presenters invite you to email Rebecca Slough your questions and suggestions.
Want to receive AMBS news and updates via email? You can choose how much or how little you want to receive. Subscribe here