Lederach Preaching Scholarship
The Lederach Preaching Scholarship was created to encourage and support students as they develop skills in pastoral leadership and preaching.
- Recipient: Awarded annually to students who sense a call to pastoral leadership and show promise in preaching
- Amount: Varying amounts
- Application deadline: April 1
Other scholarship information
- Scholarship type: Ministry
- Duration: Recipients must reapply for this scholarship each year, submitting an updated essay with each renewal application
- Recipient’s program: Master of Divinity Campus; Master of Divinity Connect; MA in Christian Formation; MA: Theology and Global Anabaptism; MA: Theology and Peace Studies; Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies; Graduate Certificate in Spiritual Direction
- Recipient’s location of study: On campus or from a distance
- Recipient’s enrollment status: Full time or part time
- Recipient’s permanent residence: U.S., Canada or International
- Recipient’s church affiliation: Applicant must be a member in good standing of a congregation affiliated with Mennonite World Conference
Procedures to apply
Applicants must submit the following by April 1 for the coming academic year:
- A completed Scholarship Application
- An essay of 350 to 500 words describing their sense of call to pastoral ministry and to preaching.
Past recipients will need to submit an updated essay each time they reapply.