Mennonite Church Eastern Canada (MCEC) Scholarship
The Mennonite Church Eastern Canada (MCEC) Scholarship was created to encourage and support Canadian students who currently serve, or have a desire to serve, Mennonite Church Canada.
- Recipient: Awarded annually to Canadian students who are enrolled in a master’s program. Students from MCEC congregations are given preference.
- Amount: Varying amounts
- Application deadline: April 1
Other scholarship information
- Scholarship type: Designated
- Duration: Stated length of the recipient’s master’s program (provided the recipient meets certain conditions each year)
- Recipient’s program: Master of Divinity Campus; Master of Divinity Connect; MA in Christian Formation; MA: Theology and Global Anabaptism; MA: Theology and Peace Studies
- Recipient’s location of study: On campus or from a distance
- Recipient’s enrollment status: Full time or part time
- Recipient’s permanent residence: Canada
- Recipient’s church affiliation: Applicant must be a member in good standing of a congregation affiliated with Mennonite Church Eastern Canada for at least one year
Criteria for MCEC Scholarship recipients
- Have been a member of an MCEC congregation for at least one year.
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree that requires a minimum of 120 credit hours from an accredited college or university, with an overall minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Submit an essay of 1,200 to 1,800 words on the topic, “Why I want to serve Mennonite Church Canada.”
Understandings for MCEC Scholarship recipients
Eligibility from year to year will be based on satisfactory progress toward the completion of the degree, including:
- maintaining a minimum 2.75 GPA
- supporting and participating in enrollment and recruitment activities and initiatives, as requested by the AMBS Admissions Team
- supporting and adhering to AMBS community standards
- continuing involvement in an MCEC congregation