- Purpose: To encourage and support Canadian students who currently serve, or have a desire to serve, Mennonite Church Canada
- Recipient: Awarded annually to up to two Canadian students who are enrolled in a master’s program. Students from MCEC congregations are given preference.
- Amount: $2,500 per academic year
- Application deadline: April 1
Other scholarship information
- Scholarship type: Designated
- Duration: Stated length of the recipient’s master’s program (provided the recipient meets certain conditions each year)
- Recipient’s program: Master of Divinity Campus; Master of Divinity Connect; MA in Christian Formation; MA: Theology and Global Anabaptism; MA: Theology and Peace Studies
- Recipient’s location of study: On campus or from a distance
- Recipient’s enrollment status: Full time
- Recipient’s permanent residence: Canada
- Recipient’s church affiliation: Applicant must be a member in good standing of a congregation affiliated with Mennonite Church Eastern Canada for at least one year
Criteria and understandings for MCEC Scholarship recipients
- Have been a member of a MCEC congregation for at least one year.
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with an overall minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Submit an essay of 1,200 to 1,800 words on the topic of “Why I want to serve Mennonite Church Canada.”
- Will be enrolled as full-time students (full-time is defined as nine credit hours or more per semester plus one Intensive Term course each year) or will be “at pace” (if in the MDiv Connect or MATGA program).
Recipients can receive the MCEC Scholarship for the stated length of their master’s program (provided they meet certain conditions each year).