Join other alumni for Third Thursdays, once-a-month online conversations with AMBS Teaching and Administrative Faculty members. Janeen Bertsche Johnson, MDiv, Alumni Director, will interview a selected member of the AMBS learning community for 35 minutes, followed by a short time of open conversation.
These sessions will be held via videoconference from 12 to 1 p.m. ET on the third Thursday of each month. The virtual events are only open to AMBS alumni at this time. Registration is required.
Upcoming Third Thursday speakers
May 19: Karl Stutzman, MLS, Director of Library Services
Karl Stutzman, MLS, sees the library as a space for a theological conversation across space and time, and invites students, faculty, and church leaders to join that conversation through reading, writing, and various forms of creative expression. He collaborates with library staff, AMBS faculty, and library colleagues in peer institutions to develop library collections and expand online access to AMBS scholarship and Anabaptist-Mennonite resources.
Third Thursday past recorded events
This playlist shows the most recent Third Thursday event. You can find more recordings of Third Thursday events below on this page.
Past Third Thursday speakers
Click on the name of a past speaker to view a recording of that conversation.
- May 19: Karl Stutzman, MLS, Director of Library Services
- April 21, 2022: Allan Rudy-Froese, PhD, Associate Professor of Christian Proclamation
- March 17, 2022: Daniel Grimes, MPA, Vice President for Advancement and Enrollment
- Feb. 17, 2022: Andy Brubacher Kaethler, PhD, Associate Professor of Christian Formation and Culture
- Jan. 20, 2022: Jewel Gingerich Longenecker, PhD, Dean of Lifelong Learning
- May 20, 2021: Janna Hunter-Bowman, PhD, Assistant Professor of Peace Studies and Christian Social Ethics
- April 15, 2021: Jamie Pitts. PhD, Associate Professor of Anabaptist Studies
- March 18, 2021: Beverly Lapp, EdD, Vice President and Academic Dean
- Feb. 18, 2021: Leah Thomas, PhD, Assistant Professor of Pastoral Care and Contextual Education
- Jan. 21, 2021: Susannah Larry, PhD, Assistant Professor of Biblical Studies
- Dec. 17, 2020: David Boshart, PhD, President
- Nov. 19, 2020: Nekeisha Alayna Alexis, MA, Intercultural Competence and Undoing Racism coordinator
- Oct. 15, 2020: Drew Strait, PhD, Assistant Professor of New Testament and Christian Origins