Published: November 17, 2020
By PALNI staff, October 2020
The Private Academic Library Network of Indiana Inc. (PALNI) honored library leadership and staff by presenting a combined 22 awards during the Aug. 7 all-staff meeting and Sept. 24 board meeting. Collaborative work and the library directors and their staff members’ individual efforts further the organization’s mission: to collaborate to enhance the teaching and learning missions of private higher education in Indiana by optimizing resources and services while strengthening leadership and professional development.
AMBS Director of Library Services Karl Stutzman, M.L.S., was awarded the “Outstanding Achievement Award for Leadership in Deep Collaboration” for his active engagement in multiple PALNI groups, all while leading a small-staffed library. His early visioning developed the Future Framing Task Force, and he continues to lead in creative ways of working together.
AMBS Information Services and Online Learning Librarian Brandon Board, M.L.I.S., received the “Outstanding Service 2020” award. This past year, Brandon stepped into the WMS Workflows group’s chair position and participated in the Digital Lending Task Force. He has shared and explained AMBS workflows, been consistent in his willingness to participate in troubleshooting issues, and has responded to information requests.
PALNI Executive Director Kirsten Leonard bestowed five categories of awards:
- The “Hall of Fame” award recognizes library staff who’ve volunteered long-standing service and invested above and beyond in PALNI initiatives.
- The “Outstanding Service 2020” award acknowledges active facilitators who drive action items and advance projects throughout the year.
- The “Heart of PALNI Award” is given to staff who embody PALNI's deep collaboration and supportive culture.
- The “Outstanding Achievement Award for Leadership in Deep Collaboration” honors select library senior leaders who have led the way in working together more deliberately and effectively during the year.
- The “Lifetime Visionary Award for Leadership in Deep Collaboration” honors those who have articulated the nature of the changing information services landscape and provided long-standing leadership to work together to meet those needs.
PALNI Hall of Fame
- Laura Vogler (Wabash College)
- Erin Milanese (Goshen College)
- Vanessa French (Butler University)
- Jeff Siemon (Anderson University)
Outstanding Service 2020
- Caitlin Balgeman (Marian University)
- Jennifer Coranado (Butler University)
- Nicholas Stanton Roark (Anderson University)
- Karla Fribley (Earlham College)
- Brandon Board (AMBS)
- Suzanne Hinnefeld (Saint Mary's College)
- Roger Peters (Concordia Theological Seminary)
- Vicky Mast (Franklin College) (Retired)
- Carla Harper (University of Indianapolis)
- Nathalie Rouamba (University of Saint Francis)
- Melissa Rasmussen (Manchester University)
Heart of PALNI Award
- Sue Wiegand (Saint Mary’s College)
- Cassaundra Bash (Ancilla College)
Outstanding Achievement Award for Leadership in Deep Collaboration – 2020
- Karl Stutzman (AMBS)
- Tonya Fawcett (Grace College)
- Jessica Trinoskey (Marian University)
Lifetime Visionary Award for Leadership in Deep Collaboration
- Janet Brewer (Anderson University)
- Rick Provine (DePauw University)
The Private Academic Library Network of Indiana (PALNI) is a non-profit organization supporting collaboration for library and information services to the libraries of its twenty-four supported institutions. Over time, the library deans and directors who sit on the PALNI board have adjusted the organization’s strategic direction as the internet and information services landscape has changed. PALNI has expanded beyond providing a resource management system to sharing expertise in many areas, including strategic planning, reference, information fluency, outreach, data management and configuration, and has identified greater collaboration in acquisitions as a key goal.
PALNI-supported Institutions: Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary | Ancilla College | Anderson University | Bethel University | Butler University | Concordia Theological Seminary | Christian Theological Seminary | DePauw University | Earlham College | Franklin College | Goshen College | Grace College | Hanover College | Huntington University | Manchester University | Marian University | Oakland City University | University of Saint Francis | Saint Mary’s College | Saint Meinrad Theological Seminary | Taylor University | Trine University | University of Indianapolis | Wabash College
Want to receive AMBS news and updates via email? Subscribe here.
Want to receive AMBS news and updates via email?