Frequently Asked Questions
How will I know if campus is closed?
Check your AMBS email address frequently for updates.
What should students and employees do if I feel sick?
You are asked not come to campus if you or anyone in your household are experiencing flu-like symptoms. If you have symptoms (fever, chills, cough, sore throat, runny nose, body aches, headache, tiredness, diarrhea or vomiting) please do the following:
- Limit your physical contact with others.
- Remain home from class, work, and other public activities to limit the spread of infection. You should be fever-free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication before returning to classes and work.
- Contact a doctor or provider at the first sign of flu-like symptoms to potentially shorten the impact of the virus.
- Students and employees who exhibit flu-like symptoms should immediately contact their regular health care provider.
- Elkhart students can also contact Maple City Health Care Center in Goshen at 213 Middlebury St, Goshen. 574-534-3300. In case of an after-hours emergency, contact Andy Brubacher Kaethler (ext. 284 or 574-389-0810) and Janeen Bertsche Johnson (ext. 216 or 574-536-9386)
- Employees should contact their supervisors.
How is cleaning and sanitization being handled on campus?
We ask all to practice preventative public health and hygiene measures and encourage social distancing as described by the World Health Organization. Additional sanitizer is available at various locations around campus. Our custodial team has increased attention to disinfecting public areas and especially commonly touched surfaces. We encourage keeping doors open when possible and other efforts to limit contact with common surfaces.