Vision: A Journal for Church and Theology
Vision: A Journal for Church and Theology is published twice a year to encourage theological reflection on the identity, mission, and practices of the church from an Anabaptist-Mennonite perspective.
The journal is published by the Institute of Mennonite Studies at Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary and by the Canadian Mennonite University Centre for Faith and Life (Winnipeg, MB). The AMBS editor is Andy Brubacher Kaethler, and the CMU editor is Karl Koop. IMS’s David Cramer serves as managing editor, and CMU’s Abram Bergen serves as advertising manager.
Vision is digital!
In addition to print copies for subscribers, current and back issues of Vision are all available free online. To read the current issue and any back issue, visit the official website.
Spring 2023: Uncertainty
Edited by Karl Koop
This issue of Vision explores the theme of uncertainty from a variety of angles: personal, ecological, biblical, societal and so on.
As Karl Koop reflects in the editorial: “We seem to have entered a period of uncertainty. All of us experience personal uncertainties, of course, but in recent years global events—events such as climate change, food insecurity, economic woes, the pandemic, rising international tensions, intensification of political and social fragmentation inside national borders, and so on—have made us collectively uncertain. We would like to experience a return to normalcy, but we might also be in permacrisis, a prolonged period of instability and insecurity. But then, instability and insecurity have always been a part of human experience. Perhaps only we, the privileged, have escaped widespread calamity until now.”
Online notification: To be notified when a new issue is available free online, register at www.mennovision.org.
Print subscriptions: A one-year subscription is $15; subscribe for three years for $40. Send your check—made out to AMBS—to IMS, 3003 Benham Avenue, Elkhart, IN 46517-1999, or pay by credit card by calling the AMBS receptionist at 574-295-3726. For more information, contact [email protected]. Canadian subscribers, contact [email protected].
To request permission to copy or reprint articles, contact Vision permissions. To request information about advertising rates or to reserve ad space, contact Vision advertising. To request a print copy of back issues, contact the Vision managing editor. Complete text of all back issues is available at www.mennovision.org.
- Family (Fall 2023). Edited by Andy Brubacher Kaethler
- TBD (Spring 2024).
- Spirituality & aging 23:2 (Fall 2022)
- Music and the arts 23:1 (Spring 2022)
- Reading the Bible as if our lives depend on it 22:2 (Fall 2021)
- Health, Healing, and Hope 22:1 (Spring 2021)
- Laughter 21:2 (Fall 2020)
- Encountering God 21:1 (Spring 2020)
- Originating sins 20:2 (Fall 2019)
- “Be not afraid” 20:1 (Spring 2019)
- Gifts of a global church 19:2 (Fall 2018)
- The church and young adults 19:1 (Spring 2018)
- Proclaiming Christ in a pluralistic context 18:2 (Fall 2017)
- Faith and politics 18:1 (Spring 2017)
- Body 17:2 (Fall 2016)
- Discernment 17:1 (Spring 2016)
- Technology 16:2 (Fall 2015)
- Sabbath 16:1 (Spring 2015)
- Joy 15:2 (Fall 2014)
- Economics 15:1 (Spring 2014)
- Peace 14:2 (Fall 2013)
- Upside-down church 14:1 (Spring 2013)
- Rethinking discipleship 13:2 (Fall 2012)
- The Holy Spirit and the Christian life 13:1 (Spring 2012)
- Baptism into Christian vocation 12:2 (Fall 2011)
- Idolatry 12:1 (Spring 2011)
- Teaching the Bible in the congregation 11:2 (Fall 2010)
- Unity and diversity 11: 1 (Spring 2010)
- Testimony 10:2 (Fall 2009)
- Preaching 10:1 (Spring 2009)
- Sexuality 9:2 (Fall 2008)
- Creation care 9:1 (Spring 2008)
- Suffering 8:2 (Fall 2007)
- Reconciling 8:1 (Spring 2007)
- Prayer 7:2 (Fall 2006)
- Salvation 7:1 (Spring 2006)
- Worship 6:2 (Fall 2005)
- Scripture 6:1 (Spring 2005)
- Power and leadership 5:2 (Fall 2004)
- End of life 5:1 (Spring 2004)
- Catechesis 4:2 (Fall 2003)
- Beginning of Life 4:1 (Spring 2003)
- Confession 3:2 (Fall 2002)
- Hospitality 3:1 (Spring 2002)
- Transformation 2:2 Fall 2001)
- Communion 2:1 (Spring 2001)
- Spirituality 1:1 (Fall 2000)
Vision editorial council
Rick Neufeld (Mennonite Church Manitoba)
Michael Danner (Mennonite Church USA)
Irma Fast Dueck (CMU faculty)
Allan Rudy-Froese (AMBS faculty)
Jennifer Davis-Sensenig (MC USA pastor)
Susanne Guenther Loewen (MC Canada pastor)
Staff: Karl Koop (CMU editor), Andy Brubacher Kaethler (AMBS editor), David Cramer (managing editor), Abram Bergen (advertising manager)
Sign up to find out when a new issue of Vision is published!
What subscribers are saying
“Vision articles inform the worship leading, spiritual direction, and conversations here in my congregation.”
“I look forward to receiving the new issues of Vision—relevant topics from well-informed authors. Excellent content!”
“Thanks so much for pulling together quality writing/reflections on topics deeply important for the church!”