AMBS’s 2022 Graduation Weekend was April 29-30, 2022.
2022 Commencement Service
Read about our 2022 Commencement Service: García points AMBS graduates to Moses’ story for leadership lessons.
The 2022 Commencement Service was held on Saturday, April 30, from 3 to 4:30 p.m. EDT on the AMBS campus in Elkhart, Indiana.
César García of Bogotá, Colombia, brought the commencement address. He was appointed in 2012 as General Secretary of Mennonite World Conference, an organization that serves around 1.5 million members representing 10,000 congregations from 58 countries. His most recent book, What Is God’s Kingdom and What Does Citizenship Look Like?, was published in 2021 by Herald Press.
The service honored 21 candidates for graduation who are completing degrees and certificates. Eight earned a Master of Divinity; five earned a Master of Arts: Theology and Peace Studies; three earned a Master of Arts in Christian Formation; and one earned a Master of Arts: Theology and Global Anabaptism. Four students received a Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies.
2022 Commissioning Service
In addition to the April 30 Commencement Service, livestream viewing was available for an online Commissioning Service that included a blessing for each graduate on Friday, April 29, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. EDT, also at anabapti.st/live.
2022 Graduation Weekend schedule
All times listed are Eastern Daylight Savings Time (EDT) for Elkhart, Indiana.
Please keep in mind that plans may need to be adjusted in order to follow updated COVID-19 safety protocols. Masks may be required at some events.
See also: COVID-19 Update Center — for announcements from our learning community during this time of pandemic.
Friday, April 29
- 11:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. | Dean’s Luncheon (Lambright Dining Hall – by invitation)
- 7 p.m. | Commissioning Service for graduates and their guests (Chapel of the Sermon on the Mount and virtual at anabapti.st/live)
Saturday, April 30
- 1-2 p.m. | Rehearsal and Preparation for the Commencement Service (Chapel of the Sermon on the Mount). Required for all in-person graduating students.
- 2 p.m. | Group photos (graduates, AMBS President and others) following the rehearsal.
- 2:30 p.m. | Final instructions and processional (Waltner Hall Room 116)
- 3-4:15 p.m. | Commencement Service (Chapel of the Sermon on the Mount and virtual at anabapti.st/live)
- 4:15 p.m. | Reception immediately following the service (AMBS Courtyard and Waltner Hall Lounge)
2021 Commencement service
Read about our 2021 Commencement: “Focus on the people of God,” Millsaps urges seminary grads.