AMBS’s 2023 Graduation Weekend was held April 28–29, 2023.
Read about our 2023 Commencement Service: Soto Albrecht urges AMBS graduates to “be where it matters”
Meet the 20 members of the Class of 2023!
View the Commencement Service program | Watch the recording:
Congratulations to our graduates!
2023 Commencement Service
The 2023 Commencement Service was held on Saturday, April 29, from 3 to 4:30 p.m. EDT on the AMBS campus in Elkhart, Indiana.
Elizabeth Soto Albrecht, DMin, of Arecibo, Puerto Rico, and Lancaster, Pennsylvania, brought the commencement address. An ordained minister and the first Latina to have served as Moderator of Mennonite Church USA (2013–15), Soto Albrecht formerly served as Professor of Practice with Lancaster Theological Seminary and as a Chaplain-Interpreter at Women & Babies Hospital/Lancaster General Hospital.
Soto Albrecht is passionate about women’s issues/Latina identity, racial justice, and community development. She wrote Family Violence: Reclaiming a Theology of Nonviolence (Orbis, 2008) and co-edited Liberating the Politics of Jesus: Renewing Peace Theology Through the Wisdom of Women (T&T Clark in collaboration with the Institute of Mennonite Studies, 2020), a longtime dream project of hers. Soto Albrecht has written both in Spanish and English for other projects on leadership formation in her denomination in the U.S. and Latin America/Caribbean.
2023 Graduation Weekend schedule
All times listed are Eastern Daylight Savings Time (EDT) for Elkhart, Indiana.
Friday, April 28
- 11:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. | Dean’s Luncheon (Lambright Dining Hall — by invitation)
- 7–8:30 p.m. | Commissioning Service for graduates and their guests (AMBS Chapel of the Sermon on the Mount and virtual at anabapti.st/live)
Saturday, April 29
- 1–2 p.m. | Rehearsal and Preparation for the Commencement Service (AMBS Chapel of the Sermon on the Mount). Required for all in-person graduating students.
- 2 p.m. | Group photos following the rehearsal (graduates, AMBS President and others)
- 2:30 p.m. | Final instructions and processional (Room 116 and courtyard)
- 3–4:30 p.m. | Commencement Service (AMBS Chapel of the Sermon on the Mount and virtual at anabapti.st/live). Open to the public.
- 4:30 p.m. | Reception, immediately following the service (AMBS courtyard and Waltner Hall Lounge). For graduates and all commencement guests.
Past Commencement Services
2022 Commencement Service
- Meet the 21 graduates of the AMBS ’22 graduating class
- Read about our 2022 Commencement Service: García points AMBS graduates to Moses’ story for leadership lessons
2021 Commencement Service
- Meet the 21 graduates of the AMBS ’21 graduating class
- Read about our 2021 Commencement Service: “Focus on the people of God,” Millsaps urges seminary grads